As a startup business, you may be interested in hiring a student for the summer. Have you considered applying for the federal government program to alleviate the costs of hiring employees? Checkout the Canada Summer Jobs 2017. Created for employers with less than 50 employees.
Does your business fit one of the following categories?
- bodies, incorporated or unincorporated, including partnerships and sole proprietorships
- self-employed persons
- Aboriginal organizations established on a “for-profit” basis
- federal Crown corporations operating in a competitive environment and not ordinarily dependent on appropriations for operating purposes as indicated in Schedule III, Part II of the Financial Administration Act
- provincial and territorial Crown corporations recognized as operating in a competitive environment and not ordinarily dependent on appropriations for operating purposes
- private health and educational institutions; and
- independent owners of franchises
In order to hire student, student must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Your application must be submitted by 23:59 (Pacific Standard Time), on February 3, 2017 (extended from January 20, 2017).
Read through our CFIB website to find out more.